We are AJ and Mel, and obviously we have a mad love for reading. We met on Goodreads and discovered that we share a mutual obsession for reading romance books of all kinds, and quickly became great friends as we gushed over wonderfully emotive stories, vented over angsty plotlines, and fell in love over and over again with some truly amazingly reads.
This blog is an undertaking of love for us, an opportunity to share our passion for all things books and to revel in the escapism of reading.
“Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.” – Author Unknown
Here’s a little bit about us:
- I live Australia and met some of my best friends in the world through my love of reading and the wonder that is Goodreads, though I’ve never met any of them in person… one day!
- I am the proud mama of two amazing kids (nine-year-old twins) who constantly berate me for my ever-growing paperback collection. “Oh look, Mum’s got more books in the mail, what a surprise!”
- Apart from reading, I love travel, live music, action movies and Mexican food.
- I live in the USA and just recently in the past few years have become obsessed with reading. I was amazed to discover the world of booklovers and have met wonderful people through my love for reading.
- I am a mom to three young boys who keep me busy all day long, however, I still manage to squeeze in reading time in the evenings and always find a spare minute or two to read during the day.
- I love my Kindle and take it everywhere! I also love traveling and trying new cuisines. Like AJ, I love Mexican food and eat it at least once a week!
“There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.” – Irving Stone
We follow a ‘rating out of 5’ system. However, we reserve the right to rate a book 6 stars in the event of finding ‘that’ book – you know, the one that keeps you up all hours of the night, takes your breath away, makes you feel EVERYTHING, and takes weeks to get over. The holy grail of reading.
Our ratings can be interpreted as folows: